Grandstream SIP phone or SIP adapter configuration guide
This section describes how to install and configure the SIP phone and the analogic-SIP adapter produced by Grandstream. This device must be connected using an RJ45 cable (the same used for connecting PC's in a LAN). Since now the phone and the adapter will be treated as the same device, because the configuration settings are the same.
- Connect the phone to the Switch or to a PC or to another device provided with one ore more NIC
- Access the web management page writing the IP of the phone in the address bar of an Explorer page; there are two ways to know the IP address of the device:
- Phone: pick up the handset and press menu; its display will show the IP of the phone
- SIP Adapter: pick up the handset of the phone connected to it and press the red button of the adapter. Afterwards press twice the * button. A voice will tell you the IP address of the SIP adapter.
- If the your network is not provided with a DHCP server, the IP address of the SIP phone will be 0.0.0.0; in this case you have to configure it manually:
- Press the Menu button.
- Select the DHCP menu option and press the menu button; using arrow button set DHCP to off.
- Select IP Addr option.
- Press the Menu button and the phone display will show the IP address (0.0.0.0). Now enter the IP address you wish.
- You have also to enter Subnet Mask and Router IP (if requested) values, accessing SubNet and RoutEr menu options. (for more informations check the SIP phone manual)
- Insert the password to access the WEB management (default password = 'admin').
- A page like the one shown below will pop up.
- If you want you can modify the password used for accessing the SIP phone web management page.
- It is suggested to use DHCP; if there are more than one network in your firm, it is better to assign a static IP to the phone, specifying also the Subnet mask , the router IP (if present)
, and DNS.
- Specify as SIP server the voip.brujula.net. Leave the Outbound Proxy field blank.
- Specify as SIP user ID the extension that you will assign to this phone; the same value must be inserted in the Authenticate ID field.
- Leave Password and Name fields blank.
We suggest to set advanced options as shown below
Note. If the followings images differ from yours, don't worry: (that means your phone firmware is newer than this one) all settings needed to let the phone work correctly SHOULD be the same.
Fundamental settings to let SIP device work correctly with VoIP.Brujula.Net system
- Make sure that PCMA coder is present in the list
- Silence suppression MUST be set to NO
- Voice Frame per TX MUST be 4 (default value 2)
- Set YES User ID is phone number
- Set value YES for SIP registration field
- Set Unregister on Reboot to YES
- Set Register Expiration to 1 minute
- Set Early Dial to NO
- Set No Key Entry Timeout to NO
- Leave default value (5060) for Local SIP port
- Leave default value (5004) for Local RTP port
- Set Use Random port to NO
- Set NAT Traversal to NO
- Set Keep-Alive Internal to 20
- Leave blank Use NAT IP
- TFTP Server: enter the IP address of the TFTP server present on your LAN; delete the default value if present. For more informations see how to configure the firmware update using TFTP server.
- Insert in Voice Mail User ID
the vocal box of the SIP user; in that way simply pressing the SIP phone MESSAGE button you will connect to your vocal box.
- Set SUBSCRIBE for MW1 to NO
- Set the field Send DTMF to via SIP INFO
- Set Send Flash Event to NO
- Enter time.nist.gov in the NTP server field
- Set your time Time Zone
- Set how the phone must display the datetime in the Date Display Format
- Daylight Saving Time allows to enable daylight saving time
- The Default Ring Tone option allows to assign different ring tones, concernind the caller ID. If you select "system ring tone" the ring tone is only one, no matter the caller is.
- Set the Send Anonymous option to NO.
All non mentioned options SHOULD be left to default.
At the and of the configuration press Update (if you modify the IP address, accessing the WEB management page the next time you have to write in the Explorer address bar the new IP).
See pdf manual of the Budgetone 100 SIP phone
After login to the management page, check that all settings are set as desired and press always Reboot to apply changes (the phone will reboot).
TFTP firmware upgrade
The SIP phone firmware can be upgraded, connecting to a TFTP server. This server must run on local machine (belonging to the same subnet of the phone).
Act as follow:
The TFTP server (completely free) must be configured as follow :
- download a TFTP server and install it in a local computer, if you don't have allreay one.
- download the last build of the phone firmware and insert in in the Root directory of the TFTP server.
- Insert the IP address of the local TFTP server in the TFTP server field of the SIP phone configuration (for example if the server has IP 192.168.0.162, you must insert this value in the 21st field of the configuration page)
- Select File --> Configure
- In the Security Tab select Receive and Transmit files
- Insert in the TFTP Root Directory the unzipped firmware file (many .bin files).