FREE - Secure Ecryption OpenVPN Access
Secure encryption OpenVPN access, available for any softphone on windows,
mac, linux, windows mobile. Can also be used with hardware phones behind
openwrt or linux routers/gateways.
In addition to providing private calls, connecting to the FonoSIP
or VoIP.brujula.net server using the VPN has the following benefits:
Can improve the quality of your voip connection since most ISPs
give priority to encrypted UDP traffic.
Can solve ISP filtering (in UAE or Mexico for example)
Can solve firewall or NAT traversal problems.
Install the OpenVPN 2.1 Client and Keys
Download the OpenVPN windows client from
OpenVPN for Windows Mobile from
demo account key files
OpenVPN 2.1 Client Quickstart for Windows
The OpenVPN Client requires a configuration file
and key/certificate files. You can use a free demo account
downloading these files.
Extract them to to \Program Files\OpenVPN\config.
To start OpenVPN, first run the OpenVPN GUI by double
clicking the desktop icon. Note that on Windows Vista,
you will probably need to run the OpenVPN GUI with
administrator privileges, so that it can add routes to
the routing table that are pulled from the OpenVPN server.
You can do this by right clicking on the OpenVPN GUI
desktop icon, and selecting "Run as administrator".
The OpenVPN GUI is a system-tray applet, so an icon for the
GUI will appear in the lower-right corner of the screen.
Right click on the system tray icon, and a menu should appear
showing the names of your OpenVPN configuration files, and
giving you the option to connect.
SIP Phones config
No configuration changes are required on your sip phones.
But you need to use a
free freevoip.fonosip.com account, or the premium fonosip.com account
Q: What are the advantages of your VPN services for my VOIP business?
You get tons of benefits from our VPN services:
1. VOIP Traversal (nobody can block your VOIP traffic) - your local ISP can't block your VOIP calls any more. Through VPN service, all VOIP data are encrypted with 1024 bits SSL and tunneled within VPN packets. Your VOIP traffic doesn't run on famous VOIP ports, no SIP signal packet pattern can be matched by ISP.
2. Privacy & Security (nobody can find out that you are running VOIP traffic) - your local ISP can't figure out what applications you are running with the internet connection, and the highest encrypted VPN packet doesn't make any sense to the network monitor. Thus, no one can find that you are running VOIP traffic through the network, and on one can sniff the VOIP phone call conversation.
3. Flexibility (you can run VOIP service with any kind of internet connection) - the VPN router works with almost any kind of network connection, it can always establish reliable and steady VPN connection with our VPN Servers, even you have only dynamic or private IP for the internet.
4. Convenience (you get static public IP for your VOIP device) - with a static public IP, you can easily run VOIP inbound or traffic exchange service, no headache NAT port mapping or DMZ setting required any more. Some VOIP gateways or VOIP softswitch which don't support NAT traversal also work 100% in such a deployment.
5. Phone call quality (get better voice quality with higher Mean Opinion Score MOS result) - People may get surprised but it's true, that in professional tests, under the same network condition, SSL VPN network provides better voice quality than regular network.
Q: I am told that using VOIP crossing the VPN system can actually improve the voice quality, is it true?
Yes, that's true. Our solution is industry advanced 1024 bits SSL based VPN network, the improvement of voice quality (as measured by MOS scores) comes to encapsulating the UDP VOIP voice packets ( RTP and RTCP ) into TCP/IP. Please refer to some professional publishings concerning this topic:
Network World - Test shows VoIP call quality can improve with SSL VPN links
O'Reilly Emerging Telephony Strangely - SSL VPNs can help VoIP call quality
Linux LiveCD VoIP Server Administrator Manual
Download Free VoIP Base Book - 80 pages 550K PDF
FonoSIP.com supports Xten / Counterpath SIP softphones
for Windows, Mac, iPhone and Linux.
Internet telephony equipment such as Linksys PAP2, Cisco, Sipura,
Nokia N71. Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad. Android. Codec G729.
Fring Mobile. Bring your Own Device BYOD.
We also support SIP Trunking, replace your phone lines.
Asterisk PBX, TrixBox.